Ms. Beetlestone's Projects
Our Food Supply
- Library books & magazines
- Global Issues in Context (database login required)
- Canadian Points of View (database login required)
- Greenfile (database login required)
- EBSCO (database login required)
- thetyee.ca - BC newspaper online with indepth articles
- David Suzuki Foundation - good source for fish farming industry
- Child Labour in Agriculture - from the International Labour Organization with links to other resources
Foods - Eating Around the World
Besides the library books, you can consult the following online sites for information on international cooking and foods:
- Culturgrams (login info available in the library. Click on "World Edition" and then choose your country from the pull-down menu. Make sure to look at the "Eating" section (link on left side of the page) and on "Recipes" (link on right side of the page.)
- World Book Advanced - login info available in the library. Click on World Book and then choose "Advanced". Search by country. On the left hand side, scroll down until you find the section on food.
Recipes from around the world - BBC Good Food - international cuisine - click on the country for a selection of recipes
****Bring your processed sweater(s) to class on November 24th****
Eco-Chick - Ideas on reusing materials and reducing waste
Recycle & Reconstruct Old Clothes Into a Fashionable Wardrobe - Lots of ideas on how to recycle all kinds of clothes as well as stats of clothing "waste"
Katwise - Amazing examples of what can be done with recycled sweaters *picture is her work
Recycled Sweaters on Etsy
Sweater Shopping & Processing Guidelines
Useful search terms: upcycled, recycled, repurposed, sweater, felted + item that you wish to make eg. toque, mittens, bag etc.
TAC 11/12 Fall 2011
Upcycled sweater projects