Mr. Moon's Projects
BOOKS: (library.vsb.bc.ca - log in using student # & password – CATALOG tab)
DATABASES: (library.vsb.bc.ca - log in using student # & password – HOME tab):
- Canadian Encyclopedia
- Canada in Context
- Global Issues in Context
- UBC Open Collections (Over 200,000 digital objects including photographs, maps, videos, books, audio, newspapers, letters, etc. that highlight the early history of British Columbia and Canada. Objects can be downloaded and manipulated.)
- Consider using: * to truncate your search term - e.g. Canad* will search Canada Canadian(s); ? as a wildcard character - e.g. wom?n* will search women, woman, woman's, women's. This works for most databases--but not all!
- Use quotation marks (e.g. "second world war") to search for phrases
- Use proximity searches - e.g. N5 will find your terms when the occur within five words of each other and W5 will find your terms within 5 words in the order specified. Sample search: world war canad* N5 (two or II or second)
- Remember to narrow your search down by searching for Full Text articles only
- Use the subject headings within your hits to further refine your search.
- Use keywords and Works Cited entries from resources above and other hits for additional resources
There are several possible MLA8 citation generators for your Works Cited list, such as, easybib.com , BibMe , Citation Machine or the World Book Citation Builder. Select Manual Entry mode when using a citation generator as this will also teach you how to read a citation.
- format your page using Times New Roman 12, double-spacing, hanging indents and alphabetical order